LAST UPDATED: August 2019
Breville Canada, L.P.
I. Information We Collect
We collect two types of information: Personal Information and Other Information. "Personal Information" is information that can be used to identify you as an individual. "Other Information" is information that does not reveal an individual's specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, including information that has been de-identified or aggregated.
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, make a purchase, enroll in our classes, participate in the interactive areas of our Services, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, participate in our contests, marketing campaigns, sweepstakes and surveys, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of Personal Information we collect may include:
- Your contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number
- Personal details (e.g., age or age group, date of birth, gender)
- Your billing information, such as your credit card number and billing address
- Your Breville account information, including your user name, account number, and a password
- Your product and ownership information, including lifestyle and food preferences, and grocery lists
- Your IP address
- Your preferences, such as product wish lists, order history, and marketing preferences
- Your social media information, including photographs and social media usernames
- Feedback and reviews of Breville's products
Information Provided from Third Parties. We may also receive Personal Information about you from third-party sources, including commercially available sources, social media platforms, and providers of third-party products or services, and combine such Personal Information with other Personal Information that we have collected.
Information We Collect Automatically. When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you and associate it with information that you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect:
· Website Log Information: We log information about your use of our website, such as your computer's operating system, the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the web page that referred you to our site.
· Device Information: When you access or use our mobile sites or apps, we collect information about the mobile phone, tablet or other device you are using, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our Services.
· Location Information: We collect information about your location when you access or use one of our mobile applications. For more details about the collection of location information and the choices you have, please see Section V "YOUR RIGHTS – CHOICES AND ACCESS" below.
Aggregated information: We may combine your Personal Information with information about your online and in-store transactions and other interactions with us, including your purchases. We may also combine your Personal Information with information we receive from other sources, such as joint marketing partners, public databases, publicly available pages on social media platforms and other third parties. We use this information for market research purposes and to improve the quality of the Services we offer. We reserve the right to disclose aggregated, anonymous data we have collected to third parties for any purpose.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies, including cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you when you interact with our Services or emails, including information about your browsing and purchasing behavior. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our website and your experience, see which areas and features of our website are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that we use on our websites and in our emails that help us deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources and link or combine that with information we collect about you. For example, if you create or log into your Breville account through a social media site or if you associate your social media account with your Breville account, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
II. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Personal Information. We use Personal Information to provide and support our products and services, for troubleshooting and maintenance (including for warranty purposes), to communicate with you about your account or appliance (including for product service and warranty issues), to improve our products and services, to communicate with you about products, services, classes, recipes, offers, promotions, events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about opting out of these communications, see "Your Choices" below), to conduct surveys, for research and development, and to offer you products, services, and customized offers from our various brands and from selected third parties.
Other Information. We may use Other Information for any purpose, unless prohibited by law. Where Other Information is combined with Personal Information, we will treat this combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
III. DATA SHARING
We may share Other Information, such as de-identified or aggregated data and Usage Information, with third parties. We may also share your Personal Information as disclosed at the time you provide your information, and in the following circumstances:
- With Breville's corporate affiliates, with our third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, for instance for shipping products to you, process and administer your payments, sweepstakes/contests or troubleshooting as well as such services as website hosting, data analysis, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- When you purchase third-party products through us, we share information with the suppliers of such products in order to fulfill your order.
- If you connect third-party devices and services to your Breville account or our Services, such as when you choose to interface our mobile application with Amazon Alexa, your information will be shared with such third parties per your direction and with your consent - see terms and conditions of the User Agreement for User-Generated Content Submissions (https://www.brevilleusa.com/pages/terms-of-use).
Social Sharing Features
IV. INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
We also work with third-party social platforms, such as Facebook, to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign.
Your browser may offer you a "Do Not Track" option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and/or across different websites. Our Services do not support Do Not Track requests at this time. In addition, Breville may use other technology that is standard to the Internet, such as pixel tags, web beacons, and other similar technologies, to track visitors to Breville's website. Those tools may be used by us and by third parties to collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (opt-out), you will still see advertisements while you're browsing online. However, the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you and your interests.
V. YOUR RIGHTS – CHOICE AND ACCESS
You may ask us to correct your information or delete your account using the My Account/Owner center page on our websites.
Your Right to Opt-Out. You may, at any time, inform us that you do not want Breville to use your Personal Information to provide you with offers or send you newsletters, emails or other marketing communications, by sending your request to our Data Protection Officer at [email protected] or by mail to the Data Protection Officer at the address listed under Section XI "CONTACT US" below.
You may also unsubscribe from receiving promotional communications from our brands by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in that brand's promotional email message. However, please note that you cannot opt-out from all communications, as Breville and its brands may need to send you information related to our products (e.g., warranties, service reminders), your orders, or your accounts.
To request removal of your Personal Information from our message boards, blogs, or other interactive features on our websites, contact us at [email protected]. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
California and Nevada Residents: Your Privacy Rights. If you are a California or Nevada resident, or a resident of certain other jurisdictions, you may have the right to request and receive certain information about disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes. It is our our policy not to share or sell your Personal Information with third parties for third-party marketing purposes. You also may have the rights to:
(1) inquire about: (a) the categories of Personal Information we may have collected about you; (b) the categories of the sources from which your Personal Information is collected; (c) the business or commercial purposes of collecting your Personal Information; (d) the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information; and (e) the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you;
(2) request a copy of your Personal Information we have in a portable format (subject to exceptions); and
(3) request deletion of your Personal Information we have collected about you (subject to exceptions).
VI. DATA SECURITY
We are committed to maintaining the security of the data you provide to us. We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information that we maintain within our organization. We also seek to use third-party service providers capable of protecting the information they maintain or process for us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you may have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below. Your Personal Information will be stored on Breville's servers and/or at other third-party facilities located in the United States, with which we have contracted for specific services.
VII. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
VIII. USE BY CHILDREN
Breville is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the collection, storage and use of Personal Information of minors under the age of 16 ("Minors").
Except as noted below: (i) our products and services are marketed for and directed towards purchase by adults or with the consent of adults; (ii) Minors are not permitted to use the Services without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian; (iii) we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from Minors or knowingly allow such Minors to register for an online account or to post personal information on the Services; and (iv) should we learn that someone under the age of 16 has provided any Personal Information to or on any of the Services, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
If you are a parent or guardian who believes that your Minor under the age of 16 has submitted Personal Information or other information to us without your consent, please contact us at [email protected]. Once we verify that you are the parent or legal guardian, at your request, we will promptly provide to you information regarding what, if any, personal information we have collected about your child and how it has been used or shared. We will, at your request, remove Personal Information about your child from the database and instruct our affiliates and third-party partners to do the same.
If you are a Minor, you may request and obtain removal of certain content or information posted on the Services by sending an email to [email protected] with "Privacy Rights for Minors" in the subject line. Please be advised that our removal of your post(s) does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted on the Services.
IX. Inter-company Transfer of Personal INFORMATION FROM EEA TO OUTSIDE EEA
Breville may transfer your Personal Information from a subsidiary in the EEA to its subsidiary in the United States, Breville USA, Inc., or its processing service provider for processing. Such transfer is protected by E.U. Standard Contractual Clauses (EU Model Clauses) between the relevant Breville's subsidiary in EEA and Breville USA, Inc. Breville Pty. Ltd., Breville's subsidiary in Australia, may also access your Personal Information for IT and marketing purposes only. Breville USA, Inc. is responsible for the processing of Personal Information it receives and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf.
With respect to Personal Information received by it or transferred to it, Breville is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Breville may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
XI. CONTACT US